Updated Database for 2016 Season is here

Download files from this area.
Bildo

Updated Database for 2016 Season is here

Post by Bildo »

Guys attached is a the NFL database that comes with the code and the 2016 - 2017 Schedule with it. However I have my schedule with 18 weeks. the 18th week being the playoffs. If yours is different then simply delete the 18th week from the schedule and you should be set. The also takes into account that the Rams have moved back to Los Angeles so the teams table is updated as well. As for the rest of the code...I may be able to look at it and make any changes in the coming week if there needs to be an edit. Like I said my site was based on this code but is completely customized. Post replies if I need to look at the code to edit for the Rams in Los Angeles.

Bill
Last edited by Bildo on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russaholic

Re: Updated Database for 2016 Season is here

Post by Russaholic »

When I replace the database with your updated version my website now crashes. If I resort back to any previous version of the database it functions as advertised. Not sure if this an issue on my end or not but just wanted to put this out here.
Bildo

Post by Bildo »

Thanks Russaholic. I will look into it and make any necessary changes. If I find anything in error I will repost.
Bildo

Post by Bildo »

OK you were right. I added a few tables that were missing off the original and the schedule was called schedule2 as I was transferring the data. Also the dates for week 1's Sunday games were off. These have all been corrected. Try the database that is attached to this post instead.

Thank You
Attachments
NFL.zip
(37.52 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

Hey I tried the new database and am running into the same issue. I appreciate your help and apologize for any inconvenience. -Russ
Bildo

Post by Bildo »

No worries. Can yo post a screen shot of the error?
Bildo

Post by Bildo »

Or is there a web address I can see the error?
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

Its the generic "500 (Internal Server) Error" that godaddy gives out. A also tried the new database that 6burgh uploaded. Although it seems to function at first it also gives me the same 500 (Internal Server) Error when attempting the following: Adding a New User, Updating Profile info, Changing Password, Accessing a side pool, Adding a message in the message board. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. -Russ

http://philwojo.com/ASP_Football_Forum_ ... ?f=6&t=421
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

Do you have write access enabled on your site directories and files?
Bildo

Post by Bildo »

Russ,
Is there anyway to get detailed error information sent to the browser so we can look at the faulty code? I have my pool on a godaddy account and I can see my detailed errors displayed to the client. Either that or try running it locally on IIS and see what the errors are.
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

Well I started to dig a little and now it's completly jacked up with either new or old databases. I think my issue is with Godaddy right now. Thank you for your help.
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

I am getting the "Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'" message. After an hour on the phone with GoDaddy it seems I might be screwed. They are telling me that when my account was moved to a new server that it most likely doesn't support my level of ASP (1.1?). They didn't seem too sure about that though. They also stated many times that they are slowly transitioning away from supporting these type of databases. Any ideas to keep my site up and running on GoDaddy without changing over to SQL (Not even sure how difficult that will be) or changing to a new .ASP friendly server host?
Bildo

Post by Bildo »

I made the switch to SQL Server a long time ago. It is so much easier to manage. Let me see if I can generate the necessary scripts for you to create the database in SQL Server. When I'm done I will post as an attachment. If you need help let me know I'd be happy to help you.
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

I'd appreciate it. I tried doing it from a previously posted database attachment but had no luck. I think I'm missing a key step. Any help would be truly appreciated.
Bildo

Post by Bildo »

OK Let me create some of the Table Scripts for you and I'll post. I apologize been busy at work. Hopefully I should get this today. :-)
kgerman

Post by kgerman »

Confirming the 500 server error when the pool website is restarted in IIS 7 with the database provided.

<thank you for your efforts by the way>

Kevin