Finally...

Post anything not related to the support of ASP Football Software here.
sledge4

Finally...

Post by sledge4 »

Thanks for creating this! Hopefully everyone isn't staying away thinking the site/game was dead.

I've been trying to get logged into the old forum, but I forgot my password and the "forgot password" feature didn't work and I tried emailing him multiple times.

I understand your interest in getting donations to help him, but if he can't handle simple forum stuff, I'm not putting my money on the table, let alone the fact there hasn't been anything major done in 2 years.

Just my $.02.
raider_nation

Re: Finally...

Post by raider_nation »

I agree sledge. I don't know what is going on with Mike concerning his efforts dealing with the pool software. All I can say is we lost a lot of knowledge when the forum was reset. The software is a very good tool used by a lot of people. Yes it is getting to be a bit outdated using ASP and Access database. I know a lot of use converted it to work with a mySQL database. If Mike is not going to keep updating or supporting the software, maybe we can get a few of us to keep it going.

As mentioned before, I know a supported version that works with mySQL would expand the user base. Maybe even at one point converting it to something other than ASP, which I know would be a total rewrite and a different beast all together. But that is technology, if you don't adapt you are left behind in a era long forgotten.

Hopefully some more users will join and we can keep this going. Like I said the software is great but if it's not supported and updated to work with today's ever changing technology, it will inevitably fall by the wayside.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad to see you both on here, and I agree if we get more people on here hopefully we can grow the knowledge back up to what we had on the old site.

I just started using the program last year and I have tried to contact Mike several times about enhancements as well as some issues with his site, like the message board, but never once heard back.

I even tried emailing him before I put up this message board with the hope that he would respond and say yes. I am not trying to take anything away from him, but I don't recall how to do things from year to year so the message board was a great place to have that information. I got a lot of great answers last year, but they are all gone now. At least on his board. I haven't gotten all the way through the "Wayback machine" links I'm putting up, and will do that as I have more time. So far I think I am only up through 2010 on there. Not sure how complete that is either.

So, if you two, or anyone else has knowledge from the past they want to share, please post it in the support areas for others to find and use.
sledge4

Post by sledge4 »

Do either of you have the SQL version? They were posted last year but of course were wiped and i need to revert a couple pages and I don't have the original files.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was never able to get a copy last year, so unfortunately I don't have it, but if anyone does I think we can post it on here.
raider_nation

Post by raider_nation »

I only use the Survivor part of the pool. I converted it to mySQL a year or so ago but never used it because the hosting site did not support mySQL. This year they do, but I could not find my code! :evil: I am currently using the access version and working on rewriting it for mySQL. It wont be ready for this year, sorry.
jhronesz

Post by jhronesz »

I'm glad to see people who are going to keep up with the site. Personally, I like the ASP version of the pool software. I don't have a lot of experience with mysql. But hopefully some of the developers here can make some enhancements.