2017-18 Season Update?

Post anything not related to the support of ASP Football Software here.
bobl499

2017-18 Season Update?

Post by bobl499 »

Any know if there will be an updated version for the upcoming season?
ready4football.com

Re: 2017-18 Season Update?

Post by ready4football.com »

I'm not sure if anyone is working on updating the access database for the new season but I'm pretty sure that no further feature development has been completed in at least 3 seasons.
bobl499

Post by bobl499 »

Someone posted last yea's schedule here, was hoping it would happen again. Thanks
sledge4

Post by sledge4 »

I have posted the MySQL version of the schedule the last couple of years, which I can do again. Not sure that helps the folks running the Access version though?
twiggm

Post by twiggm »

I've updated the schedule, the playoff schedule and the two team names for the new LA teams. I don't think I made any mistakes but... I'm human.

Have a great seasion
Attachments
NFL.zip
2017-18 Update
(31.64 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
ready4football.com

Thanks to Twiggm for posting the Access database for the 2017-18 season.

I just loaded it, created a few test users, but am getting some errors (not sure if it's related to the database or something else):

Once logged in, I simply click on the link for Week 1 and once I do, I get the following:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'
Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.
/weeklyEntry.asp, line 1204

Has anyone else experienced this issue or is it just me?

Also, same error if I try to go to the entry form page as well?
twilightscapes

Post by twilightscapes »

I too noticed a weird error, but my main problem, is that there isn't a default admin in the database... since I was logged in before I updated the DB, I was still logged in afterwards, but I can't create a new admin through the site, so I am in essence locked out.
ready4football.com

I had that same problem too but got it figured out. If you register the admin username with the email address that was entered in the config.asp file (I think it was that file - I'm working from my laptop at the moment and don't have the files on it) then it will work... If that doesn't make sense or you need more info, just post.
ready4football.com

Hey sledge4,

I think it would be amazing if you would be willing to update the MYSQL database version as it's getting harder and harder to find reliable hosting that supports Access databases. I'm not an expert with working with databases and know just enough to be dangerous! If you do happen to post a MYSQL version, would you be willing to also provide step by step instructions on what other files would need to be updated in order point to the database? I have no idea how to pull that all together?!?
Bam

Post by Bam »

Weird as I too am getting an error. However, it is in a different place.

Mine shows up as this :

Code: Select all

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/weeklyEntry.asp, line 1233
The code at that line is:

Code: Select all

result      = rs.Fields("Result").Value

I know classic ASP fairly well but I cannot put my finger on this one. I blame it on my stroke two years ago. LOL
Any help??
"It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice"~~~ The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)
ready4football.com

I figured out the issue with the Access database previously uploaded by twiggm (thank you to twiggm for doing most of the heavy lifting) there were two tables that had the wrong title, once I renamed them everything started working again for me. twiggm also did not have any users loaded so I copied the default username over from a previous database, seems to be working (admin, admin).

I've attached the files to this post and included some of the files that need to be updated due to the Chargers moving to LA.

I would recommend that you delete the existing folders (only the ones included in the upload) and replace them with the ones included in this .7z file.

If this is too overwhelming and you are tiring of running your own pool, you might want to consider joining our pool at http://ready4football.com (we have been averaging about 80-players each season) should have the registration updated for the 2017-18 season by the end of the weekend, still testing the pool to make sure there are no further issues prior to officially opening registration.

Good luck and if you need anything post here, I will be checking this post frequently over the next few weeks!
Attachments
Updated Access Database for 2017-18 NFL Season.7z
(5.24 MiB) Downloaded 366 times
crazycoyle96

Post by crazycoyle96 »

Hey Ready4Football,

What tables in particular tables did you rename? I have already re-written my database for 2nd,3rd place winnings calculations so dont want to overwrite existing database with your updated one.

Thanks, Coylespool.com
ready4football.com

Coylespool,

Sorry for the late response, I thought I posted a reply last night but apparently I didn't hit the Submit button.

Schedule Table - Results column needs to be renamed Result & ATSResults needs to be renamed ATSResult
Attachments
Schedule Table.PNG
Schedule Table.PNG (42.05 KiB) Viewed 21564 times
juanbond

Post by juanbond »

Hi All,

I loaded the new season database and when I edit the week 1 point spreads (or any week) and enter a negative number, the spread changes when I submit the form to a large number, like 249, 255, 247, etc... See screenshot attachment. Anyone know why that's happening to cause this.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 10.51.31 PM.png
juanbond

Post by juanbond »

Actually, it also rounds point spreads to whole numbers, like 3.5 to 4.
dmddoug

Post by dmddoug »

First, thank you to twiggm and Ready4Football for working on this.

Second, I could use some assistance. I updated our site with the new data from Ready4Football's post and clicked through all the weekly entry forms to see if they're working. I'm getting a "500 - Internal server error" on weeks 12 and 14. All other weekly entry forms seem to be working. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve?

Thanks!
juanbond

Post by juanbond »

I can confirm that I'm also getting a "500 - internal server error" on weeks 12 and 14 as well. Can you confirm if you're also having an issue when updating point spreads – not saving negative number and rounding numbers up from 3.5 to 4.
sledge4

Post by sledge4 »

Attached is 2017 schedule in a .txt that can be uploaded into the SQL Server DB version of the site.

Let me know if any questions.

Will
Attachments
Schedule.zip
(2.13 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
twiggm

Post by twiggm »

Sorry about the result and ASPResult fields having the extra "s". Also, those that are getting errors on weeks 12 and 14, it is because on week 12 I mistyped NYJ as NEJ. On week 14 I mistyped SEA as DEA. If you go in and change those two games you should be good to go.

Mike
dmddoug

Post by dmddoug »

Confirmed fixing the typos resolved the entry form problem on weeks 12 and 14. Thank you again Mike!

As for the point spread issue, I don't have that feature enabled so I cannot confirm if that is a problem on my server.
twiggm

Post by twiggm »

I also just realized that the chargers and rams logo was not showing up. You have to rename the SD and STL png files, you need to rename and edit the css for each and then edit the teamlogos.css to change the names.

Mike
smilrad

Post by smilrad »

Thank you all for jumping in and putting this season together. Has anyone figured out the issue with the point spreads in the database? I'm having the exact same problem with negative numbers + rounded off numbers. I know just enough about databases to get myself in big trouble. ;-) I tried to see if the data field was set incorrectly, but it looks to be the same as last year's. HELP! :) One of these years I really need to convert this thing to SQL, huh?

Thanks again!!
juanbond

Post by juanbond »

I echo smilrad, thank you all for putting the season together. I don't currently have Microsoft Access to tinker with the database. If anyone has a current working version of this seasons database with the fixes to the point spreads as well as weeks 12 & 14 that they can post, that would be great. Thanks again!
ready4football.com

Juanbond,

Per your request, here is a copy of the most current Access Database file.
Attachments
NFL.zip
includes week 12 & 14 corrections
(32.38 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
juanbond

Post by juanbond »

Thanks for posting ready4football.com, I noticed when I tried to log into the admin account, the default "admin" password doesn't work. Not sure if there's a different default password set for the database you posted.

I was able to open your file in a program called MDB database pro on my MAC, so I added the admin password so I could open it back up.

The last piece that I think I figured out, but can't fix with the limited functionality in the program I have, is the Point Spread issue. I was able to compare my last years working database to the one you posted and it looks like the field type settings are different. The version from last year that worked was set as FLOAT and this years looks to be set as BYTE. (screenshot attached). I'm not completely schooled in database design, but wonder if that could be the problem. I attached a current version of the database with all of the updated fixes, except for the point spreads. If you or anyone can adjust the attached database with the correct point spread field type, I'm hoping that should cover it. Thanks!
Attachments
PointSpreadFieldType.png
NFL.mdb.zip
(37.91 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Last edited by juanbond on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.