Tracking Signed Up Users

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
pigskin9798

Tracking Signed Up Users

Post by pigskin9798 »

Just curious how other commissioners are keeping track of the users that are signing up for your pool.
I am planning on running a Survival pool this year and I noticed that some important info gets encrypted within the database.

I wondering why the email address is getting encrypted? How am I supposed to contact people in my league when I can't see their email address?
Maybe I'm missing something - Is there an option to turn that off within the config file?

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks!
giz83

Re: Tracking Signed Up Users

Post by giz83 »

Login as Admin and edit the Account to see the current email address.
My Account ▼
> Edit Profile
Attachments
select-user.jpg
select-user.jpg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 6490 times
raider_nation

Post by raider_nation »

I am not sure if this helps but I added a few mods to my site. One being a page to display all users, their email and Contact Information. Place it in your root directory. To access it, in the url enter yoursite.xxx/playerContacts.asp. If you know how to edit asp pages you can add it to the Administration drop down for the admin user.

-I can not add any attachment. Always says extension is not allowed. Any help?

zip it is.
Attachments
playerContacts.zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Last edited by raider_nation on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

Try and zip the file up and add it. I don't allow .asp extension to be added as it could be used in bad ways.
pigskin9798

Post by pigskin9798 »

Thanks raider_nation, I added it the administration menu.
I see it display 3 fields for Username, email, and Contact info.
Are you manually entering the Contact Information field or are you getting that info during the user sign up?
raider_nation

Post by raider_nation »

Yes, that is correct. On my sign up page I added a field (I used the Contact Info field) to require them to provide who invited them to join the pool. A "Invited By" field. That way I know who to track down and get their entry few. :D

FYI, I also have a page (work in progress) that will show me who has not made a pick for the week and the ability to send out an email to all of them.
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

raider_nation, I would love to get a copy of that page when you get it going. It would be a huge timesaver.
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

raider_nation, do you have a copy of the signup page with that mod? Did you also add that field to the db as well?
raider_nation

Post by raider_nation »

Here are my 2 pages. The signup page has a field called Invited By, I just store that in the db field Contact Info.

The page to list all users that have not made a survivor pick for the week works except for week 1. It does work after week one when all users are listed in the survivorstatus table. I am not good enough at sql to fix it. Any help re-writing that sql command would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
userSignUp.zip
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
emailNoSidepick.zip
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

nice!!!! Thanks buddy!