Survivor Pool eliminating with 1 strike, strikes set to 3

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
mb323

Survivor Pool eliminating with 1 strike, strikes set to 3

Post by mb323 »

In the config file I have const SURVIVOR_STRIKE_OUT = 3, however first week in two users who lost their survivor pick are marked as eliminated with "---" showing up for weeks 2-12, 13-17 are blank, Status=ELIMINATED...

When I look at survivor statistics however it shows Pending 0, Eliminated 0. According to the database, all users have "IsAlive" set to True.

I have not changed anything in the code from last year to this year other than the Page Title and the Scores URL from 2016 to 2017 and the super_bowl_info.

I did run into MAJOR issues updating the schedule, see my post in topic: "Error weekly pick form"

Is anyone else using "Discountasp.net" for hosting?

More details, looks like a problem is with the display of the standings. Users still can make survivor picks and show as alive on the pick screen and statistics, but show eliminated in the the standings, even after making the pick for next week.

Looking at the "SurvivorStatus" table, "WasAlive" and "IsAlive" is true for everyone. So setting the status is correct. I think I'm missing something simple.

I have made a temporary fix by forcing "IsAlive" to True. Only a temporary solution util the first person is actually eliminated.

I wish all of the DB interactions were located in one place so you could easily replace the DB engine, not spread out through all of the code.