Time for 5.0

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
kingmullet

Re: Time for 5.0

Post by kingmullet »

I'm willing to pitch in as well.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

dude season is here!!! lets get this rollin, ill do $100 usd, 50 when i get code, 50 after im happy, lets rock
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

blah bullshit pisses me off, I had all my people excited
jhronesz

Post by jhronesz »

I signed up for his site and left a message on his message board. Hopefully he will come back to the forums soon. I would be willing to donate some for the mobile code.
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

I spoke to my friend who does some web development. He is going to take a look at the site to make it mobile. I was told the menu structure is what needs be changed as far as from a coding standpoint. It's pretty straight forward, just time consuming. I will be happy to share with everyone once I get this going. Everyone on this site has always supported each other and provided awesome insight on the way they have modded their sites. I am happy to help out as well. Here is a link to my site, pretty standard, but just a few tweaks here and there. http://kmfbpool.com
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

I'm still down to pitch $100 for mobile, This would be a welcome edition Kingmullet. Your site is obviously very close to all ours lol
We need to make it happen, i got all my players excited, then blam, nothing.
Last edited by Stutgrtguy on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

btw, if he is already knee deep in the code of the site id pay for a couple tweaks! Ive paid ppl on craigslist money to get nothing... <`~~~~~Sucker
I actually just need 1 tweak, Ive tried but I cant figure out how to do it.
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

what are tweak are you stuck on? Maybe I can assist or help somehow.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

What i need is a column added to the weeklySummary.asp page as a tie-breaker, based on the points that people picked(ie monday night games).

My problem is u can sort colums however you want, which I have set, but we need that extra column with the points people pick each week for a tiebreak added, then set a sort command to do a tie-break, with the points being the last tie-break if that makes sence.

All because we play all the way thru the superbowl, (my db is set to 21 weeks) so on that last game, if we have a tiebreaker, it goes as usual to points per our tiebreak rules(but we have to do it by hand). We only have 1 trophy we cant split.

We've had several champs crowned by a mere few points, but it gets tense because we have to actually do it by hand, then make a table, post etc. All while the scores are up and people are celebrating, thinking they won....

They've grown to trust the computer, not us admins that "cheat" as if lol. then people get mad, wanna quit , riot, etc it gets ugly. I keep tossin money at craigslist, i keep gettin hosed. I need to fix this, this year!

Last year was so close we had ties for 2nd and 3rd, with 3 way tie for third. That was fun to sort out by hand, and go to my car safe after...

I had one idiot, talked me into a redesign of the entire site, even gave me a quick look.....$2000!! for tweakin freeware, what a jerk, not to mention he was most likely a scam
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

I think I see where you are going with that. So a new query to pull from the tiebreaker field and return the results in a new column on Weekly Summary page. I like that. My buddy is a really good web developer, but so limited time from all projects he has going on, but I told him football is more important, lol. He is working on the menu code for me and I am going to see how it works on my test site. Once that's up I'll give whoever needs access to it to look and see if they like it as well. He was telling me he has to implement some java script and css to get the hamburger button with collapsible menus and submenus. It will take him some time, but he does really good work. I also really want to convert the access to mysql. My pool is growing and access has limitations with locking the db, I have already run into a few issues.

Some other things I'm trying to get going are:

Autopick option. If you have autopick selected and specify by rank, home or away, this would make your picks automatically if you miss the option to make your picks before the games are locked.

Survivor picks - autopick option as well based on weekly NFL power rankings. Create a new table for power rankings and pull them weekly. Query the table if and make a selection based on the power rankings if the survivor pick has not been made.

Auto reminder of missed picks - I have a query that looks for users who haven't made their picks and return the results on a page, I can then email them from that page, but I would like to set this up as an automatic feature.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Hate to overwhelm the person, but mobile was in line first ;-)
then cash comes second for Tweaks!
I know a chick flashes her....nevermind, but dayum...old school days when people were people
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

I hear that!!!
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

kingmullet wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:22 am I think I see where you are going with that. So a new query to pull from the tiebreaker field and return the results in a new column on Weekly Summary page. I like that.
Precicely!

But lets not get totally sidetracked, Mobile woulod be first and I'm still in for a fast $100 via paypal to a workin mobile for pitch-ins!

But that tie breaker would save me so much BS at the end of the year. I grit my teeth everytime anyone is even close to a tie.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

This is a sample from our week 1-

My sort commands on the table are "Overall>Won"

If we had the tiebreaker score Column added it would be "Overall>tie>won"

Our rules are, overall, then Superbowl score (tie-break) then weeks won.

This is to give underdogs a chance on Superbowl to win it all. Sometimes we have people with 5 week wins, and a tie-break with a person who has 0 week wins, but are tied. but they loose the tie-break on superbowl. (underdog win)

Keep in mind we have 1 champ trophy with engraving. It gets itchy come February....

Not to mention we also have a trophy for last place which last year also came down to a few points! I seriously need this new column.
I've tried, but everytime I do all I get is errors...
liqks

Post by liqks »

Hello All,

I know some of you tested my mobile design adn had interest. Ive been very busy and had no time to visit this board. I will tell you that my site had quite a few bugs week 1-2 that drove me nuts... Im glad I didnt release it out to you all. If anyone is interested I think we can work something out now that the bugs are gone... I will say that I run multiplevversions... straight, spread, survivor, and survior/margin.
i dont know if bugs appear in the confidence one.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Hi Liqks!
Glad to hear you got a year of testing done in it!

I am still very interested in it, I'm going to bring it up at our Pick Party a few weeks after the Superbowl and solicit for pitch ins. I will get back to you sometime in late Feburary or early March and let you know.

Until then a few questions -
Will I need to upload extra code to our server?
Will they then use a different address or the same?
Obviously it uses our DB, so it will function exactly as the desktop site, just be more Phone/tablet friendly correct?
What about Apple vs Droid? all the same?
Unsure of how all this works.

Sorry I havent been around in some time its been a hectic 3 months.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Liqks, I sent you a pm,
Also was wonderin the abover stated questions, get back to me when you log in please
:)
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

I NEED YOU!!! I promised my folks a mobile version even took pitch ins.....
infobrkr

Post by infobrkr »

a mobile site would be awesome as well as some general fixes and enhancements. I am more on the project management side than the developer side but would love to help and have been using this for a long time. I could certainly write up the documentation (requirements, training, help) and do the testing ....