Missing Picks & Payout Amount

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
Lush

Missing Picks & Payout Amount

Post by Lush »

I have 54 people in my pool that pay upfront to play. Each weekly pool is worth $54. Some people miss picks entirely and the weekly total payout isn't correct after the results are final. I usually go through all teams, find out who didn't make picks and just enter a zero in the MNF tiebreaker so the total payout of $54 is correctly listed next to the winner's name.

Is there a way to (1) Keep the weekly payout the same amount next to the weekly winner's name? or (2) Have all teams listed no matter if they make picks or not in order to keep the total payout the same?
jhronesz

Re: Missing Picks & Payout Amount

Post by jhronesz »

I run a similar pool in which users pay upfront for the whole season and the pot is divided each week. So what i did was create a file in the includes folder with the weekly pot amount. Then on the pick page where the pot code is, i have it look for that file to pull the pot in. The bad part is i couldn't get the weekly winner page to pull from that file, so i had to type the pot amount in the actual code. Hope that helps a little.
Lush

Post by Lush »

Thanks. I'll give it a shot
jhronesz

Post by jhronesz »

If you need sample coding, let me know. I can paste some info that may be helpful.