Schedule

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
Stutgrtguy

Schedule

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Gettin close to preseason now and work has had me runnin and still havent had time to input the schedule. Has anyone put the schedule in their DB yet?
jhronesz

Re: Schedule

Post by jhronesz »

I'll be doing mine soon, so I'll post it when I have it done. :)
jhronesz

Post by jhronesz »

Attached is an excel schedule in a zip file. After you export the excel file, all you have to do is import it into the access database (or sql if you using that). With the change in SD to LA Chargers, you will have to make the necessary changes within your site to name the chargers to LAC and the rams to LAR. It is in several pages and you will also have to rename several css pages and team logo pngs. If anyone needs a list of what files need changed, let me know and I'll try to put one together.
Attachments
Schedule.zip
(15.48 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Thank you jhronesz for your hard work! :D Unfortunately I couldnt open the xl file, prob because i still work on 2003 office...lol
So I had a couple days off and spent the 4 hours to just overhaul my whole DB. It needed some attention anyways. I didn't change the chargers yet, I may do so later, but that list would be nice. off hand I'm guessin the css, logo, entry in db...?

I did it last year for the rams, just don't remember all of em, I think the list is posted here somewhere.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Found it -
[SOLVED] Database updated for 2016/2017 season
Postby 6burgh » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:37 pm

Here is a copy of the stock database updated for the upcoming 2016/2017 season. Unfortunately, since the Rams moved to LA you cannot just install the database and everything just work this year. I believe I got the right abbreviations from NFL for the new team for it to work with the scoring update. using LA instead of the the old STL abbreviations.

I use the dark theme and have listed the changes I made here. may not be necessary but I like to keep things up to date.
Always have a backup before editing any files! A few edits I have found so far are:

I have made the following edits:
\AspFootballPool_4.0\pool\styles - edit teamLogos.css file ........ replace STL with LA in 1 place
\AspFootballPool_4.0\pool\styles\teams - change file name from STL.css to LA.css and then edit the file to replace STL.jpg with LA.jpg in one place toward the top.
\AspFootballPool_4.0\pool\graphics\teams - Rename file STL.jpg to LA.jpg

Please let me know if something is not correct so I can either correct it or remove it.
Happy Football season!!
edit - Along with the db entry, I'm with jhronesz and guessin LAC, dont know if it really matters, I think the scoring off of nfl would go off "Los Angeles Chargers" instead of LAC...
Mydori

Post by Mydori »

Will you be posting it in dBase format? I'm having trouble with the newer versions of Microsoft Access
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

I can post it, I'll do it tonight when I get home. I do 21 weeks on mine so I'll have to edit it down to 17 for download.

We might want to sticky how to change teams when they move as we'll be doin the raiders soon...

Edit - sorry so late, been busy at work :?
ready4football.com

Post by ready4football.com »

Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

2017-18 Schedule

Copy n paste into your MS DB/Schedule table. I hope everything is correct, if not lemme know, i'll edit