Updating Probs

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
lfpool

Updating Probs

Post by lfpool »

Hi, I am hoping to get help with an issue I am having when I update the pool. When I try to update the includes/config.asp page I get an: " 500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed." message.

I am saving and replacing the file in the exact same location. The same thing happened when I tried to update the schedule for this year. I replaced the NFL.mdb file in the data folder and got the same message. I did notice that though I am set to EST and my computer displays the correct time, after I upload the files, the time stamp which is initially correct, jumps ahead four hours. On the file I edit (ie config.asp), the time stamp is then correct EST after I edit. I don't know if that is causing an issue. The time is also incorrect on the userLogin.asp page.

I have also tried downloading 4.0 again, replacing the NFL.mdb file before uploading it and then trying to upload in two ways: first, by replacing the files in the current folder, and then creating a whole new folder - but I am still getting that error message. I am not a coder, but have been using this pool for several years generally without issue. I am hoping somebody with more experience can offer a solution! Thank you very much!

______ Update
I have now uploaded from scratch. If I don't update the schedule I can get to the log-in page from last year. I am able to change 2016 to 2017 in the config.asp file, however, any other changes I make, updating the admin email address or anything else on config.asp and/OR uploading the new NFL.mdb file into the data folder results in the same error message.

Again, any help appreciated. I have also reached out to my FTP support regarding the time jumping ahead.
Last edited by lfpool on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philwojo

Re: Season Update Issue

Post by philwojo »

What host do you use, I know there is a free host that can act up for .asp pages some times.

What are you settings for file access on the server, this isn't a problem with the files, but with your access levels with your host, or at least that is what it seems like to me.
lfpool

Re: Updating Probs

Post by lfpool »

It's Fetch...my FTP site. Host is not a free one. Perhaps I wiill check with them as well! Usually I just upload the new stuff and have no issues, though once or twice over the years I've had issues with the data base permissions.
Last edited by lfpool on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

You need to have read/write/edit access to the files for this to work, I forget the exact settings, but that seems like what the problem is to me, but i'm not 100% sure.
lfpool

Post by lfpool »

That makes sense. I'll send them an email and see if it could be that easy. After I've spent the last 3 hours trying all sorts of things : )
lfpool

Post by lfpool »

THANKS!