Forgot Password Mod

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
kristoffae

Forgot Password Mod

Post by kristoffae »

Hey everybody, I am looking for the Forgot Password Mod. Specifically the "requestPassword.asp" "userPasswordChange.asp" and a modified "userLogin.asp"
Thanks for the help!
Aaron
admin
Site Admin

Re: Forgot Password Mod

Post by admin »

I think you can find something at this link, maybe, though it does say it is for the 3.0 version of the software:

[click=viewtopic.php?p=80#p80]viewtopic.php?p=80#p80[/click]

Best I can do for now, maybe someone else can help.

If you go to the link in that message, there is a link to a ZIP file you can still download, or at least it appears you can.

Again, though, I am not sure if this will work with the 4.0 version or not, so use at your own risk.
kristoffae

Post by kristoffae »

Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded those ASP's and created added an href to the userlogin.asp but just get a webpage error when trying it. I know I am missing something somewhere and just not sure what it is.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am not really ASP savvy, so not sure I can help to be honest. I know that link was for the 3.0 version of the software, and it is now 4.0, so maybe there are some mismatches in there. Maybe someone else can help or has an idea.

Phil
kristoffae

Post by kristoffae »

I have got this working. In case anyone needs this mod, the files are attached. It includes the password reset files "requestPassword.asp" and the "userPasswordChange.asp" as well as my custom "userLogin.asp" which contains the href link to reset password. This userLogin.asp also does not have the username drop down box but rather an input box to type the username. This way the usernames of all the players are not exposed to the world. All three of these files go into your web root.
Attachments
forgotpassword.zip
(5.05 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for posting that, exactly why I started this forum!!

Phil
raider_nation

Post by raider_nation »

Thanks for the code kristoffae. I always wanted to remove the Username drop down on the log in page, just never got around to it. I took what you had and went one step further. I added a autocomplete function to the Username field. Now matching suggestions are displayed as you type in a id..
kristoffae

Post by kristoffae »

was it just autocomplete="on" after input type="text

or was there something more?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

raider_nation wrote:Thanks for the code kristoffae. I always wanted to remove the Username drop down on the log in page, just never got around to it. I took what you had and went one step further. I added a autocomplete function to the Username field. Now matching suggestions are displayed as you type in a id..

Raider, can you post a copy of your file/code on here to share with everyone?

Phil
raider_nation

Post by raider_nation »

kristoffae , did you have the autocomplete working on your userlogin.asp page contained in your zip file?

It is late and something is not making sense. I added your userlogin.asp to my standard test site, which does not have any mods, and autocomplete is working on the Username field. It's been a long day, let me sleep on it and hopefully it makes sense in the morning.
kristoffae

Post by kristoffae »

It may just be your internet browser doing an auto complete from previous values entered. I don't use auto complete features in my browser so that may be why mine isn't doing it. YMMV.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Do you guys know if you have to have the email stuff setup and working for this to function?

Phil
kristoffae

Post by kristoffae »

For this "Forgot Password" mod, you must have the site setup and configured to email.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, thanks, that is what I figured when I tried it and it didn't seem to work for me!

I have never configured the email stuff so it obviously then didn't work.

Phil
juanbond

Post by juanbond »

Hi all, I had downloaded and installed the attached file from kristoffae above. When I try to reset my password, I get the validation email, but when I click on the link it goes to a 404 page. The validation email seems to still be redirecting to the userPasswordChange.asp page, but the name of the file in the download package is named changePassword.asp. Not sure if this has something to do with the error. Though even if I update the code with the correct page name, it still doesn't seem to be working for me. Any help with this would be appreciated.
juanbond

Post by juanbond »

For anyone interested, I ended up fixing the code. The problem was on line 16 of userPasswordChange.asp.

Changed it from:

Code: Select all

<!-- #include file="includes/siteMenu.asp" -->
to:

<!-- #include file="includes/menu.asp" -->
Attached are all of the revised version 4 files.
Attachments
V4-forgotpassword-fixed.zip
(9.05 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

This works for me, but I was using gmail as my provider and I had to update one other place, the email.asp file in the "includes" directory.

I changed this line:

cdoMessage.TextBody = bodyText
To be this:

cdoMessage.HTMLBody = bodyText
This allows the email to come in HTML format and all the clickable links are working in it so you don't have to cut and paste them.

Otherwise it works great, thanks for the code!

I did make a few tweaks to the wording to be specific to my pool and not so generic, but easy enough to do that as well.

Phil
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

AWESOME!!! Thank you all so much, this time of year my phone is non stop... "Dude forgot my pass"!

Thank you so much all, works great too, tested on couple accounts