Arvixe Hosting

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
RickAlex

Arvixe Hosting

Post by RickAlex »

I've been using the Mike's pool since 2009. I've always loved all the features, but I've had conflicts between some of the code and my host(Arvixe). I am curious if someone using Arvixe or a similar host has gotten Auto-scoring or the live scoreboard to work. The issue was explained to me by Arvixe Support below:

Hello,

The issue is that the XMLHTTP needs 64 bit application pool to work. But you are using components in your site which needs the 32 bit support to work such as the login module which uses database. Please use Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP or MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0 components which are available in 32-bit mode in the code to resolve this issue.

I have verified that the scores are being displayed when logged into the site and changing the application pool to 64 bit in the server. But once the session expires and the login module is invoked, the site will error out due to the database module which needs 32 bit support.

Thank you.
fjcalap

Re: Arvixe Hosting

Post by fjcalap »

Hi,

I am using Avrixe too, I am new to this program. I have not tried the live scoreboard, but I am having a problem with my email and contact info being scrambled. Are you having similar issues?

Frank