Pool Log In Question

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
fbonani

Pool Log In Question

Post by fbonani »

I am running a test pool this year (free) but plan on adding a margin and survivor pool next year. I joined a fellow manager's pool this year and am signed up for all three pools, but I find that I have to log in separately for each pool to make my picks. Is that the way it is supposed to be and if not, what will I need to change for next year's pool management. Thanks.
Stutgrtguy

Re: Pool Log In Question

Post by Stutgrtguy »

run a survivor this year just to see how it all works, since its free its kinda a beta, as for the margin I dunno, we run straight up.

be sure to set the paramaters in your config file for survivor, rebuys, losses, etc

Dont get to complex your first year, give everything a test run, so you can see whats goin on internally that needs fixin. Kinda like firin up a rebuilt hotrod, go slow, see whats happenin.

If ya don't mind i'll be a lab rat in yer experiment?! If ya lemme play, it's for fun right? Plus I can help ya troubleshoot as we go...
Last edited by Stutgrtguy on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fbonani

Post by fbonani »

Following your suggestion, I have enabled the Margin and Survivor pools and in reading the Help page, I see that it is a combination type pool. One pick covers both the margin and survivor pool...I assume that if a player is eliminated in the survivor pool in week 3, he can still continue to play the margin pool?

I think that the player whose pool I joined wanted to keep those two pools separate thereby allowing different teams picked for each pool.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

I was on your site, and I wanted to ask you just that question, as we have never done the margin pool, I know nothing about it

our survivor is 1 loss out

To tell you the truth your first go around I'd get rid of the margin till you understand it more, just get logistics down for next year
fbonani

Post by fbonani »

Thanks...I've already advised my players about it, so I am going to let it go as is for the moment. I guess I can always stop it as the season goes by.