2020 Schedule & Las Vegas

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
Stutgrtguy

2020 Schedule & Las Vegas

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Well seems our league voted to go on with the year, as long as it goes 8+weeks. If not then we refund $ and hope for next.

So I did the schedule, if anyone is interested in it, ill zip n post. just have to keep an eye on weeks 15-17, theres alot of "TBD" I put them all as 1pm EST games, so some editing on those may be necessary.

Editing your website to reflect Oaklands move to Las Vegas -

\AspFootballPool_4.0\pool\styles - edit teamLogos.css file ........ replace OAK with LV in 1 place
\AspFootballPool_4.0\pool\styles\teams - change file name from OAK.css to LV.css and then edit the file to replace OAK.jpg with LV.jpg in one place toward the top.
\AspFootballPool_4.0\pool\graphics\teams - Rename file OAK.jpg to LV.jpg"

Also changed OAK to LV in the DB so you will need to do the adjustments to your site as above. (included the Teams database Table in the zip below)

The bad thing is 2 teams changed their logos', washington and the rams, if anyone is good at editing the graphics Id appreciate it, if not, no biggy we all know who they are.

2020 schedule
jhronesz

Re: 2020 Schedule & Las Vegas

Post by jhronesz »

I completed all the LV modifications and the logo does not show up on any pages. Any ideas? I've searched everywhere.
infobrkr

Post by infobrkr »

Here are the new logo files if anybody needs them
Attachments
WAS.PNG
WAS.PNG (5.21 KiB) Viewed 4506 times
LAR.png
LAR.png (32.8 KiB) Viewed 4506 times
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

jhronesz wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:56 pm I completed all the LV modifications and the logo does not show up on any pages. Any ideas? I've searched everywhere.
It should show up as the old logo...

which logo isnt showing up?
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

infobrkr wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:01 pm Here are the new logo files if anybody needs them
The place we are talking about is the file, \AspFootballPool_4.0\pool\graphics\teamlogos.png

- jhronesz - the only place i can think of you may have messed up is

\AspFootballPool_4.0\pool\styles\teams - change file name from OAK.css to LV.css

AND then edit that same file - replace OAK.jpg with LV.jpg in one place toward the top.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

jhronesz - heres my files, just copy n paste the 3 files in the directories where they go, theyre organised in the zip as to the directories they go to

lv files
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

Disregard below. I was able to make all the necessary changes and have uploaded the full database in the 'Downloads' section for those who are interested. The zip includes all the necessary files to swap OAK to L, including logos for LA Rams and Washington.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for updating the schedule and changing OAK over to LV.

However, I am struggling to get the updated database to incorporate into my pool. In the file you provided, I only see two tables within the database, 'Schedule' and 'Teams.' So I figured I would just import those two tables into my database, and everything would be okay. Except, I cannot get them to merge successfully. I feel like it may be the program I am using, MDB Viewer Plus, but I tried a handful of other programs and still can't get it right.

So long story short, what program are you guys using to tweak the database? It may very well be user error. Every year I find myself forgetting the basics over the offseason.

Thanks for your help in advance. -Russ
Last edited by Russaholic on Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

Here are the Team Logo Files with the updates for the Rams and Washington.

Replace in \graphics\ folder
Attachments
teamLogosPrint.png
teamLogosPrint.png (26.71 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
teamLogos.png
teamLogos.png (26.97 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

I'm sorry russ I havent been around for a while. I only did the teams and schedule tables so you could import them into your db and leave users, passwords etc alone.

Although I do have 1 tidbit of bad news brought to my attention by "wrestlingrebel" I have a mistake on week 17, I have the giants playing 2 times that week....one is right the other is wrong, New England plays the jets that week not the giants. If you know how to edit the db its an easy fix, If not I'll have to post another schedule to fix, unfortunately my access is on my old laptop at home and wont be able to use it till this weekend :(

However I can just post the "schedule" table for import once I fix it, sorrry

Thank you Russ for the new team graphics :)))
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

No worries my man. It actually forced me to learn how to do it myself. So everything worked out great.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the schedule mix up. I used the same schedule when I created the full one to avoid having to hand jam all those games. I've attached the full database and also one with just the Schedule table with the fix.

For those looking for instructions on how to make the fix see this post: http://philwojo.com/ASP_Football_Forum_ ... 1848#p1848
Attachments
Schedule_Fix.zip
(73.39 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Thank you very much!