Arvixe Plesk

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
fjcalap

Arvixe Plesk

Post by fjcalap »

Hi,
Arvixe moved my site to another server which uses Arvixe Plesk instead of Control Panel. I have a problem that after login the screen goes back to the login screen, however you are logged in. It also times out quickly. I can't seem to adjust the session time. I read an old google thread that it was something to do with cookies. I have asked support for advice but not having much luck.
Anyone ever run into this problem or have any thoughts on it?
Russaholic

Re: Arvixe Plesk

Post by Russaholic »

I currently run my site via Plesk (Obsidian) through InterServer. I haven't run into the log-in issue you're having, but I have experienced the shortened session times. I tried increasing the Session_Timeout number last season when I noticed the issue but didn't see a difference. However, I noticed an increase over the last week, but not sure if it is a fluke or if it's a lasting change. Either way, I am interested in finding the resolution.

Regarding the log-in issue, my thoughts are that it may be possible that when your files were transferred to the new server, it could have caused a pathway error. Maybe try reloading a fresh set of your files. I would also verify your Document Root in the Plesk Hosting Settings section, just in case too. Shot in the dark, really, but maybe it can spark an idea.

Good luck, and please let me know what you find.

Thanks, -Russ
fjcalap

Post by fjcalap »

I shall try it and let you know.

Thanks
fjcalap

Post by fjcalap »

Hi,

On my site there is a IIS tab with a timeout setting. It was set to 5 minutes. I am not allowed to change it, but I contacted support and asked for 10 minutes. It took this long for them to get back to me. I will have to see if it really helps. I will let you know next week.

10/6/22

I notice a huge improvement. I am still testing, but it does seem to give me ten minutes before logging me out. Hopefully I won't get a lot of people saying they put their picks in but I didn't get them.
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

Thanks for the update. I'll have to see if there is anything similar on my Plesk dashboard.

Any luck with the log-in issue you were having?
fjcalap

Post by fjcalap »

Hi again, no progress on the login page yet. It's driving me crazy.