Displaying weird

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
Bam

Displaying weird

Post by Bam »

So I installed the latest download and when I pull it up in a browser, it is weird. The menu doesn't show up but you can see where the menues dropdown. Errors do not show up as the font color is black instead of white. The labels for the registration page are also black. I tried to change this in the css but it didn't work. Any ideas?? Below are some images:
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png (10.41 KiB) Viewed 720 times
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (12.87 KiB) Viewed 720 times
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (11.89 KiB) Viewed 720 times
"It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice"~~~ The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)
Russaholic

Re: Displaying weird

Post by Russaholic »

Good evening! I do believe that there is a conflict in your CSS. It's possible that there is an issue with duplicate class or ID names or the order in which the stylesheets are being read.

CSS operates on a hierarchy, where styles declared later in the stylesheet or in a stylesheet that is loaded later can override earlier styles. Additionally, styles applied directly to an element (for instance, with inline CSS) or with more specific selectors (like ID selectors over class selectors) will take precedence.

You might want to try the following steps to troubleshoot:
  • Inspect the Element - You can right-click on the elements not showing properly and select "Inspect" (on most browsers) to see what styles are being applied and from where. This will help you to understand if there is a conflicting style rule. Chrome's 'Developer Tools' is a great instrument to easily preview where the styling conflict lies.
  • Check for Duplicate Styles - Go through your CSS file(s) and check for any duplicate styles that may be causing the issue. It's a good practice to organize your CSS in a way that styles do not conflict with each other.
  • Check the Order of Your Stylesheets - If you have multiple CSS files, ensure they are loaded in the correct order. Remember, the last style rule read by the browser will take precedence.
  • CSS Validator - Use an online CSS validator tool. This will help catch any syntax errors or inconsistencies you may have missed in your CSS code.
Remember, it's crucial that you clear your browser cache after each change or the changes may not reflect in your browser.

Hopefully, this gets you to a fix. Good luck! -Russ