Somee and Eastern Time Zone Display

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
indiansfanatic

Somee and Eastern Time Zone Display

Post by indiansfanatic »

Hi,

Just set up on Somee and noticed that the Time display says Eastern but the time is off by almost 2 1/2 hours. My time zone setting in the config.asp file is 0. Does this affect entering picks and being locked out by game time?

Any ideas?

-Ron
6burgh

Re: Somee and Eastern Time Zone Display

Post by 6burgh »

Yes it will lock the games at the wrong time. I am also EST I have my config set at -1 to display the correct time on the pool.

Remember to check it again when daylight savings time starts as it will probably be off by 1 hour if the servers aren't in a part of the country that observes DST.
indiansfanatic

Post by indiansfanatic »

Thanks! Will change it and see how it goes.

-Ron
indiansfanatic

Post by indiansfanatic »

Still not displaying the correct time. Any way to use the local clock (on the pc) and stop using the server clock in the software?
twiggm

Post by twiggm »

remember that the time is based on where you server is hosted. For example my server is hosted by GoDaddy, and they are not in the Eastern Time Zone, so I have to manually change it -1 more than it actually is.
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

This isn't directly related to this, but if you get things to sync up time wise from your server to the actual game times but the display on your program is wrong you can run this time.zip file on your site, see this other thread about this, maybe it will be of some use to someone again.

http://philwojo.com/ASP_Football_Forum_phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=75

Phil
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

holy cow, glad ya'll alerted me to this, their servers musta moved, been with em for 4 years, always been right on time @ config file -3,(mst here) now im -1 for correct time, 2 hours diff ....thanks for the heads up n ill watch when we get our freebie hour of sleep, see if it changes
6burgh

Post by 6burgh »

indiansfanatic wrote:Still not displaying the correct time. Any way to use the local clock (on the pc) and stop using the server clock in the software?
Did it change the time any? If so note the change and add or subtract from what you seen. you might have to play with the amount of time you adjust.
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Just a thought here, but are you wanting it to display the correct time for your time zone? or for Eastern? as our schedules are all set to eastern, so it needs to display correct eastern time.