Standings

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
jhronesz

Standings

Post by jhronesz »

I have 60 people in my pool and I split those people into two conferences. I use the database version of the software and have the conference in the user table. Currently, I have the standings for each conference on separate pages. I'd like to combine those pages, but was unable to get it figured out. Anyone do anything similar and have this working?
Bam

Re: Standings

Post by Bam »

do you want to post or send the code and let us know the changes in the db??
"It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice"~~~ The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)
Bam

Post by Bam »

If I could see what you have done, I could probably merge the two for you.
"It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice"~~~ The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)
jhronesz

Post by jhronesz »

Bam,

I've attached the three pages that pull the data from the database for the afc (if you also need nfc, let me know. In the database, i've added a conference field to the user's table. from there, there is are queries, one for afc and one for nfc. I appreciate any help!

joe
Attachments
standings.zip
(8.13 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Bam

Post by Bam »

At first glance you have also created a standings page for afc and I would guess nfc.

If you put a conf field on the users table. Make 2 asp pages that gather the data, one for each conf and name the records called something different for each conf, and on the standings page include both of those pages. then you can build 2 tables within a single table one for each conf or div it, how ever you want to? Again this is just what I see at first glance.
jhronesz

Post by jhronesz »

correct, i have two pages for the standings, one AFC and one NFC. I don't know how to get it to pull the data into two different tables. My coding skills are pretty minimal.
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

Are any of you guys using a mysql db at all? I would really love to get the code if possible.
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

kingmullet wrote:Are any of you guys using a mysql db at all? I would really love to get the code if possible.
Check out this thread:

http://philwojo.com/ASP_Football_Forum_ ... ?f=6&t=243