MYSQL Help

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
bobl499

MYSQL Help

Post by bobl499 »

I have ran a pool with this program for a few years and have really enjoyed it. I've been able to just barley get it up and running on my domain with a little outside help in the ASP version, now with GoDaddy no longer supporting an Access database I am kinda dead in the water. I have a little IT knowledge but for the life of me cannot figure out how to the SQL version loaded, or really where to start. I have, with the forums help, downloaded the sql files from this site, but have not had any luck beyond that. Any help form you great guys would be appreciated. TIA!
philwojo

Re: MYSQL Help

Post by philwojo »

I really can't offer any help on the MySQL portion, but an alternative would be to keep using the Access version and just find a free host. There are a few out there that offer free hosting for .ASP stuff.

Phil
Bam

Post by Bam »

I know this is old but wanted to say this: ASP Can run mostly with any Database. I run most of my sites (ASP, and .net) using mysql databases.
The key is having the same table/field names and having the correct connection string.
"It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice"~~~ The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

Bam, do you have a working mysql version of the pool, I would like to test if possible. I have been running into issues with the access version. People are getting locked out and so on
Bam

Post by Bam »

I do not have a version for mysql currently but I will work on one.
I will let you know what I come up with
"It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice"~~~ The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

Here is a link to a thread for an SQL version, not sure if this is what you guys are looking for or not though:

http://philwojo.com/ASP_Football_Forum_ ... ?f=6&t=243

Phil
Bam

Post by Bam »

I think they are looking for the mysql version. The one posted is for mssql. Language a bit different
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

yes BAM is right, looking for mysql version. that one posted is mssql
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

OK, sorry I just looked at the post and they said mySQL, not MS, that is why I keep pointing to it.

Phil
Bam

Post by Bam »

no worries bud. At least you were trying to help :)