Show players total wins on weekly results page

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
sledge4

Show players total wins on weekly results page

Post by sledge4 »

I was wondering if anyone had added each players total wins to date for season on the weekly results page along side the players weekly win total?

I thought it would be interesting, especially late in the season, to see how the players are doing that you are battling with, without having to go back and forth between the summary and weekly results pages.

A quick glance to see if you are ahead or behind people you are chasing would be cool.

Thanks,
Will
PAUDASH

Re: Show players total wins on weekly results page

Post by PAUDASH »

I've just done this as well...

However my WeeklyResults.asp page has been heavily modified over the years....

I just ran a test and it looks like you can use this with the stock site...

However let it be known I don't use confidence points so I don't know if it will play nice with that...

It's a start anyways for someone that wants that feature....
With Mine I also highlight the user who is logged in using CSS... Helpful in finding yourself in a list of 300 users....

I'd love to see a way to color compare the logged in users yearly score to the rest of the field (if sorted by total wins on the week)
That way you could easily see who's ahead and behind you on the year...

But for now a little math seems to be adequate...

Have Fun...
Attachments
weeklyResults.zip
(5.82 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
PAUDASH

Re: Show players total wins on weekly results page

Post by PAUDASH »

Okay I just noticed that there were errors at the bottom of the sheet where it wasn't totaling for some users...
I'm not sure whether it's the fact that I have 182 users in my weekly....

Perhaps someone with a similar size dbase can test...

Access version...

UPDATE: I've determined that that the user affected are users who have entered picks for the next week....
It is giving users a 0 for the current week if that user has made picks for weeks in the future... Even though it tallys the correct picks for the season and marks the correct picks for the teams...

I'm stumped....

Any Guru's on here that can figure this out?