GoDaddy Hosting with Access DB

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
jasonlnlv

GoDaddy Hosting with Access DB

Post by jasonlnlv »

Have A Windows based Plesk GoDaddy hosting account and have the sit on it but the Site seems to be having issues to the data folder and NFL.mdb file to write to it - Any config ideals to make it work?
philwojo

Re: GoDaddy Hosting with Access DB

Post by philwojo »

I may be off on this, but are you sure Godaddy allows writing in that folder? I have heard of some hosts that restrict where and what files can be written too. Can you check with them first and find that out?
6burgh

Post by 6burgh »

philwojo is correct.

I joined godaddy this year. Mine didn't work right out of the box. I used fire ftp plugin to change the directories to writable. Uploading them through godaddys software must have changed this for some reason. I think there is a place in the control panel to do this but I didn't want to take the time to find it and I am more familiar with mozilla's fire ftp plugin then learning different host software,
bobl499

Post by bobl499 »

I am having this problem as well. I am trying to change the permissions with Fire FTP but get a error on anything I try to change.

"500 'SITE CHMOD 0777 data': command not understood: /0777 data"

Can you explain a little further how to go about this please? In desperate need of help as my site will not accept any changes and as you well know the season is under way!

Thanks in advance!
jasonlnlv

Post by jasonlnlv »

I was able to get this running, however I had to get the full path to the mdb file and create a DSN. Works great now, just need to get the email function working...
bobl499

Post by bobl499 »

Had GoDaddy double check the write permissions, all appears good now.
6burgh

Post by 6burgh »

I didn't need the full path to my db but I remember having to change the permissions to get it to work on godaddy when I uploaded it back in July. Wanted to give myself plenty of time to work the bugs out with the new host.
6burgh

Post by 6burgh »

After a quick look I figured out how to change permissions on godaddy. Go into you file manager and move your mouse over the file or directory. a drop down arrow will appear. click on it and you can choose the user and set the permissions and set them to writable. I dont remember what user I chose I think app pool or plesk domain user.