Link to "Can not connect to database"

Message board links from 2010 as taken from the Internet Wayback Machine pages.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Link to "Can not connect to database"

Post by admin »

08-30-2009 11:48 AM
raider_nation
Top 25 Contributor
Joined on 08-30-2009
Posts 7

Can not connect to database
Reply Contact

I am trying to setup a website on my local XP machine. I have IIS running and the ASP Football Pool site up. The login page appears, but when I tryo to log in , it just redisplays the login page.

Is there a way to test the connection to the Access database?

How do I define where the database is located, I tried several different formats?

Thanks
08-30-2009 3:29 PM In reply to
mikehall
Top 10 Contributor
Joined on 08-09-2009
Chandler, AZ
Posts 295

Re: Can not connect to database
Reply Contact

It sounds like the database connection is fine, otherwise you'd get an error on the login page since it pulls a list of users from the database for the dropdown list.

It's possible your IE browser is not storing cookies for localhost, that would prevent your from logging in since the app needs to store a session cookie to identify the user. You might need to go into your IE options and check the box that says "Always allow session cookies." under the Privacy tab.
08-31-2009 4:38 PM In reply to
raider_nation
Top 25 Contributor
Joined on 08-30-2009
Posts 7

Reply Contact

I'm not 100% sure but I think that was the problem. I made a couple of changes including that one which didn't help. But after I closed all open IE windows and loged back in, did it work.

Thanks for your help
08-31-2009 6:09 PM In reply to
mikehall
Top 10 Contributor
Joined on 08-09-2009
Chandler, AZ
Posts 295

Reply Contact

Sounds good, I know some of those settings won't take until you restart the browser.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)