Results Page - Points Not Adding Up

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
HZass

Results Page - Points Not Adding Up

Post by HZass »

I just updated all of the scores for the games played as of Sunday, September 7. The Results panel shows points that appear to be incorrectly added up..or is there something that I have done wrong in the configuration. See attachment....
This is a snapshot of the results page as of this morning, September 8.
This is a snapshot of the results page as of this morning, September 8.
Also what does the asterisk next to the DEN entry indicate?
philwojo

Re: Results Page - Points Not Adding Up

Post by philwojo »

That does appear to be incorrect, I would agree. I just checked my site and mine appear to be fine with a spot check.

Did you download the software and use the new files this year, or did you pull in the files from a past year?

What do you have in your config.asp file?

I am not certain on the asterisks at all to be honest, maybe someone else will know that one.

Phil
HZass

Post by HZass »

An update.... I am using this year's files and updated the database with corrections. Also, I have made the corrections to Auto-Update, per Phil and the colors highlighting. Also, I have updated the URL used to pull the scores from NFL to reflect this year's URL.

I used the Auto-Update function, with the following results ... many times now:
a. The Denver score was indicated as a TIE and was so noted on the database, even though the scores on the database were correctly reflected.
b. Note the the PIT score is not correctly reflected in the results. It shows that PIT lost the game, when in fact this is not true. Again the scores on the database are correct; but the database reflects CLE as the winner.
c. I manually posted the scores for the Monday Night games; but the database reflected the correct scores and the Winners were not correctly reflected in the WIN or ATS columns.

Not sure what is going on here.
Regards,
Hans
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

I am not seeing the tings you are, sorry. My PIT and DEN games are scored and reflecting correctly.

I am not really sure what to tell you, how many entries do you have in your pool?

if it isn't too large one option would be to load a fresh copy of the entire pool in a new directory and then put in one test entry and load up the results and see if everything is working correctly. If it is then rebuild all the week-1 entries in the new pool and just use that.

If it is a large number of entries I really don't have any idea what to tell you. You could try and PM (private message) Mike Hall from this board (mlhall is his user name) and see if he has any ideas. But it appears you are the only one with this issue, at least that we have seen so far.

Phil
HZass

Post by HZass »

Issue resolved!

this is the effect if the configuration file has the USE_POINT_SPREADS flag set to true. I did not understand the effect based on the information in the configuration file, config.asp. When I set the flag to false, the expected results appeared.

My bad; but we probably need a better explanation of the perverse effects of setting this flag. If it is set to true; then the score results are effect by the point spread inputs. We use the point spread inputs as an aide to our pool members in selecting winners and confidence points.
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

It might need a better explanation, i would agree, but if you are using point spreads then that would appear to be functioning as expected. I am glad you got it figured out though.

Phil