The State of The Football Pool Code

Post anything not related to the support of ASP Football Software here.
mynameiskyle

The State of The Football Pool Code

Post by mynameiskyle »

I have been a long time user of the ASP Football Pool code and have enjoyed it. I have been in the forums and have watched the progression over the years as people came and went. I haven't ever been an active poster and only did so on a couple occasions. I am just wondering what the future holds as far as development is concerned. Is this going to continue? Is there another group that is working on something different that can be a replacement? is there any hope for a 4.1 or better yet a 5.0 with new features and fresh development? Is Mike Hall working on something in a back room that is going to wow us all? I don't know and I can't contribute anything other than my opinion. I am an IT guy not a programmer.
Thanks
Spooky

Re: The State of The Football Pool Code

Post by Spooky »

Frankly, I'm just happy its still available at all, and I really appreciate all the work Mike and other contributing users have given along the way.

For a free piece of software, its functionality and versatility have been truly superior, and if I get to a point where I can't use it any longer, I'll probably just stop hosting pools all together.

-Spooky
mynameiskyle

Post by mynameiskyle »

I am going to assume you took my original post incorrectly. It wasn't a jab or a complaint. It was just an inquiry and an attempt to gather information on what we might expect in the future. I have enjoyed the free software as you have and do appreciate it as well. I just don't want to get to a point where I have no option other than to quit. You might be perfectly happy but I would like to see it continue. That is why I asked.
Thanks
HZass

Post by HZass »

Mike Hall has done a FANTASTIC job in keeping this code up and running, including the Forums. However, I think it may be time to convert to SQL Server and ASP.NET based code. I have started this work several times; but have never completed the work. Anybody else working on this conversion?