SQL Server 2012 Version

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
HZass

SQL Server 2012 Version

Post by HZass »

Attached find my version of the Football Pool files updated for use with SQL Server 2012. Note as I do not use the Survivor Pool capabilities there may be some issue with the SQL Statements. However, I feel confident that the base code works. Now for the changes:

a. The connection String is found in the pool/includes/common.asp file on line 536. You need to place your connection credentials here as I did not pretty up the code to make use of the config file. None of the Access database properties are used in the code.+
b. The password for the Admin User has been changed to !38Cheese! ..... just to be different.
c. I have not incorporated the new PayPal code.
d. The database files are in two formats. The bak file is a backup file of the database. The other two files can be used for direct attachment. The database is named NFLSQL2015 .

I give all the credit for the code to Mike Hall. All I did was to make some basic changes as demanded by SQL Server, generally in the treatment of the NULL and NOT NULL conditions.
Attachments
AspFootballPool_4.0SQL2012.zip
Full code and SQL Server 2012 files.
(5.41 MiB) Downloaded 317 times
twiggm

Re: SQL Server 2012 Version

Post by twiggm »

Thank you for taking the time to convert everything. The only thing that I had to do was comment out lines 541-552 in the common file and it all seems to work. It blows up because DATABASE_FILE_PATH isn't defined.
Here is the section:

DbConn.Open(sConnection)
'If the path to the database is not physical, map it.
' isPhysicalPath = false
' if Len(DATABASE_FILE_PATH) >= 3 then
' if Mid(DATABASE_FILE_PATH, 2, 2) = ":\" then
' isPhysicalPath = true
' end if
' end if
' if not isPhysicalPath then
' dbDir = Server.MapPath(DATABASE_FILE_PATH)
' else
' dbDir = DATABASE_FILE_PATH
' end if

Thanks again