Paypal

Post anything not related to the support of ASP Football Software here.
fjcalap

Paypal

Post by fjcalap »

Hi,
Paypal just sent me a nasty about misusing their service. I removed the Paypal link from my site. Has anyone else got this notice?
philwojo

Re: Paypal

Post by philwojo »

I don't use it with this program, and I haven't received it in the past for a basketball pool I run, but I have heard of others getting them. I don't know if it matters for me, but on my basketball pool I code the paypal stuff so it says "basketball party" as part of it. Rather than anything to do with a pool or gambling. I don't know if that has kept them out of my hair or not, but I have used it for about 8-10 years now with now issues.

The other thing is that my basketball pools started with about 40-50 people and only grew to about 70-80 people over that 8-10 years, so it wasn't like I was doing big money either.

Oh, and I have heard that others have gotten letters suspending their paypal accounts and freezing all their money in the accounts as well, so paypal is serious!

Phil
fjcalap

Post by fjcalap »

Hi Phil,

I took the link off of my site, Paypal now says I am fine. Just wondering if one of my Poolsters "dropped a dime" on me or they are checking sites. I'm 110th place with 111 Poolsters, if anyone should be disgruntled it should be me!
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

LOL, I doubt anyone said anything from what I know it is something Paypal does check, though I don't know how often or why/when they do it. As long as they say you are good now that should be fine, but it does mean you can't use it going forward. I think they tend to watch accounts they have flagged in the past.

Phil