SuperBowl Squares

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
holgar

SuperBowl Squares

Post by holgar »

Does anyone have a way of doing the SuperBowl squares? You know the ones where each square costs $X amount, then right before kickoff the numbers get drawn.

Would be cool to have for the entire season where people can buy them at any time with the winnings from their weeks.
philwojo

Re: SuperBowl Squares

Post by philwojo »

I used a program in the past, here is the link I have for it:

http://www.dgraver.com/projects/squares/

It wasn't to hard to setup, and it worked pretty good. You have to do the numbers manually, though through the program, but it works darn good if you ask me, and the price is right if you have your own web space!! (Free)

Phil
holgar

Post by holgar »

Thanks Phil- always on top of things!

I'll see if I have time in the coming weeks to re-purpose this into the current site (vs. standing up another). Could be a great replacement for the prop-bet style superbowl.
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

It is easy to setup for sure, if you need help let me know, but the instructions were pretty good. He moved from the "Free" version to a paid hosted version, but it is the same thing. It isn't perfect, but it does the trick.

I'll do what I can to help if needed, but I haven't run a pool in a few years now.

Phil
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Ive looked for somethin like this for a while, only thing Ive ever found was for PHP - MYSQL. You can download it here http://www.vnlisting.com/freescripts.php

It looks pretty neat, but No time to learn PHP and SQL,

would be great if someone who knew how to do it would translate to access db for us :P jokin, Ive looked at some of the code it'd be quite the task
azdustin

Post by azdustin »

This is my first post on this forum, but I've been using this football pool code for years. Two years ago I built a super bowl squares pool that is part of the main site and it is working great. I set it up as a separate payment from the regular pools to make it optional at $5 per square but the amount is configurable. There were a bunch of updates throughout the site to get this game working, so forgive me if I have forgot some. I have posted the files I think are related, but you will have to figure out how to make it work with your site. The new files are "SquaresEntry.asp", "MakeSquaresPayment.asp", "SquaresPaymentComplete.asp", "SquaresPaymentNotify.asp", and there are some updates to the the config.asp file as well. I added a new link on the Superbowl menu to access the page, which I only enable after the playoffs are complete. The database (I use SQL Server) needs some updates as well, such as a new SuperBowlSquares table, a new Numbers table and updates to the Users table as well. There is a file called Squares.sql that outlines the database info.
Good luck!
Attachments
Squares.zip
(12.6 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

Hey bud, so are you running a working sql version? If so, is there anyway you can send me what you are running? I really want to use sql for the pool.