Link to "Admin Password"

Message board links from 2010 as taken from the Internet Wayback Machine pages.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Link to "Admin Password"

Post by admin »

09-05-2009 6:00 PM
mags
Top 50 Contributor
Joined on 09-06-2009
Posts 4

Admin Password
Reply Contact

Hi, whats the best way to change the admin default pass... Thx
09-05-2009 7:54 PM In reply to
Spooky
Top 10 Contributor
Joined on 08-19-2009
Denver CO
Posts 49

Re: Admin Password
Reply Contact

Step 1) Set up your site

Step 2) Log in as Admin using the default password (its "admin" if I remember right... its in the readme.htm file)

Step 3) Go to the "My Account" menu and select "Change Password"

08-17-2010 5:31 PM In reply to
livead
Top 25 Contributor
Joined on 08-13-2009
Posts 22

Reply Contact
I am trying to get some modded code from my pool last year. I COMPLETELY forgot my admin password!!!! I have access to my server of course and I have multiple passwords for other user accounts however I need admin pw and I AM THE ADMIN!!!! How can I reset or retrieve it? I can be reached at livead@gmail.com if you or someone wants to enlighten me without exposing to the entire interweb... thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Filed under: password, admin
08-17-2010 7:38 PM In reply to
nflcrazy
Top 10 Contributor
Joined on 07-16-2010
Kingston, Ontario
Posts 66

Reply Contact

I have a possible solution for you, i just tested it and it seemed to work fine. Open your database (NFL.db) double click the users tab on the left. now locate the admin user in the list on the right. under the password column find the encrypted password for admin and delete the contents of that box. after this save the database, this should reset the password back to admin. try logging in as admin with using admin as your password.
08-17-2010 11:28 PM In reply to
livead
Top 25 Contributor
Joined on 08-13-2009
Posts 22

Reply Contact
@nflcrazy.... So absolutely AWESOME! THANK YO so very very much! Worked like a CHARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What kinda code is your flavor? Just asp?
08-18-2010 6:06 AM In reply to
nflcrazy
Top 10 Contributor
Joined on 07-16-2010
Kingston, Ontario
Posts 66

Reply Contact

Well i am glad it worked for you, i try hepling with what i can to alleviate the amount Mike is trying to deal with. As for me i joined this forum the mid of july but have working with mikes database structure since early july. I have just started learning ASP. But as i am very computer literate i tend to soak stuff in really quick. I find it very enjoyable to troubleshoot problems and make things out of whats not there. If you have any more questions i will try my hardest to come up with an answer.

08-18-2010 4:20 PM In reply to
drizzt09
Top 10 Contributor
Joined on 08-22-2009
Ontario Canada
Posts 322

Reply Contact

could also impliment the coding here for future usage and for all users

http://brainjar.com/community/forums/p/49/263.aspx#263
08-23-2010 6:45 PM In reply to
mikehall
Top 10 Contributor
Joined on 08-09-2009
Chandler, AZ
Posts 456

Reply Contact

I can certainly use all the help I can get Big Smile Seriously, the contributions from everyone on the boards have been impressive, whether it's tracking down a problem, fixing a problem, coming up with new features or helping some one get set up. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to make it better for everyone.
08-23-2010 7:50 PM In reply to
nflcrazy
Top 10 Contributor
Joined on 07-16-2010
Kingston, Ontario
Posts 66

Reply Contact

No problem as i said earlier, i really enjoy a challenge. As i have seen you have been very bust on the boards as well. As we get closer to the start of regular season it will become a very busy place. I hope you are not having to many problems with the latest updates you are working on as we are all looking forward to some of the upcoming updates.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)