Error weekly pick form

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
dynobill

Error weekly pick form

Post by dynobill »

I am getting this error when I try to bring up the weekly picks form;

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: ''

/pool/weeklyEntry.asp, line 873

I don't know how to fix that.
raider_nation

Re: Error weekly pick form

Post by raider_nation »

Post your code from lien 850 to 900 or so from weeklyEntry.asp. Maybe we can help figure it out.
mb323

Post by mb323 »

I ran into the same problem. After about 8 hours of troubleshooting it looks like Access 2016 is corrupting the MDB... not sure why yet, tried about 20 different MDB's in every different way to update I could think. The one that finally worked was to download the full pool, get the MDB from the zip that already has the 2017 schedule populated. Copy my users table from my current MDB to the new MDB, then upload the new MDB to my web host. Don't forget the "Teams" table has been updated too.

I tried every possible combination of saving in older versions, updating, copying, pasting, importing, exporting, compact and repair... I was going to abandon access and find another tool when I tried the MDB that Mike has on his website.

Maybe our web servers require an update but I couldn't track down anything of value, all occurrences of the error seem to be code related. I tried the Access ODBC driver setting which made no difference.

Now I have a new problem which I am guessing is also a corruption on the MDB but I will post it in a new thread, it has to do with the survivor pool.

Hope this helps get your schedule updated.
Maskasarn

Post by Maskasarn »

I'm getting this problem right now. It is a very good way.