Tracking Signed Up Users

Download files from this area.
pigskin9798

Tracking Signed Up Users

Post by pigskin9798 »

Just curious how other commissioners are keeping track of the users that are signing up for your pool.
I am planning on running a Survival pool this year and I noticed that some important info gets encrypted within the database.

I wondering why the email address is getting encrypted? How am I supposed to contact people in my league when I can't see their email address?
Maybe I'm missing something - Is there an option to turn that off within the config file?

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks!
giz83

Re: Tracking Signed Up Users

Post by giz83 »

Login as Admin and edit the Account to see the current email address.
My Account ▼
> Edit Profile
Attachments
select-user.jpg
select-user.jpg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 7580 times
raider_nation

Post by raider_nation »

I am not sure if this helps but I added a few mods to my site. One being a page to display all users, their email and Contact Information. Place it in your root directory. To access it, in the url enter yoursite.xxx/playerContacts.asp. If you know how to edit asp pages you can add it to the Administration drop down for the admin user.

-I can not add any attachment. Always says extension is not allowed. Any help?

zip it is.
Attachments
playerContacts.zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Last edited by raider_nation on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philwojo

Post by philwojo »

Try and zip the file up and add it. I don't allow .asp extension to be added as it could be used in bad ways.
pigskin9798

Post by pigskin9798 »

Thanks raider_nation, I added it the administration menu.
I see it display 3 fields for Username, email, and Contact info.
Are you manually entering the Contact Information field or are you getting that info during the user sign up?
raider_nation

Post by raider_nation »

Yes, that is correct. On my sign up page I added a field (I used the Contact Info field) to require them to provide who invited them to join the pool. A "Invited By" field. That way I know who to track down and get their entry few. :D

FYI, I also have a page (work in progress) that will show me who has not made a pick for the week and the ability to send out an email to all of them.
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

raider_nation, I would love to get a copy of that page when you get it going. It would be a huge timesaver.
kingmullet

Post by kingmullet »

raider_nation, do you have a copy of the signup page with that mod? Did you also add that field to the db as well?
raider_nation

Post by raider_nation »

Here are my 2 pages. The signup page has a field called Invited By, I just store that in the db field Contact Info.

The page to list all users that have not made a survivor pick for the week works except for week 1. It does work after week one when all users are listed in the survivorstatus table. I am not good enough at sql to fix it. Any help re-writing that sql command would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
userSignUp.zip
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
emailNoSidepick.zip
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 299 times