Week 12 and 14 Pick Troubles

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
Russaholic

Week 12 and 14 Pick Troubles

Post by Russaholic »

Can anyone help with a problem I running into with making picks for week 12 and 14. I am receiving the following error on the page:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: ''

/weeklyEntry.asp, line 887

It shows all the regular games expect it does not show the tiebreaker points and submit button etc.

I've also found that it is missing a game for each week (Week 12: Panthers vs Jets and Week 14: Seattle vs Jaguars). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Russaholic on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russaholic

Re: Week 12 and 14 Pick Troubles

Post by Russaholic »

After some more digging, I have found what I believe to be the root problem. I opened up the schedule portion of the database and saw that in week 12, NYJ was listed as "NEJ" and in week 14, SEA is listed as "DEA."

I've been looking for a program to edit the database on a Mac but so far all I can find are viewers and nothing that edits. If anyone has a quick fix or any program suggestions please let me know.

Thank you, -Russell
Russaholic

Post by Russaholic »

I tweaked the database using MDBPlus (free program) on Parallels since I couldn't find a quick solution on Mac and reloaded the database and all is now good. Hopefully, this can help anyone who downloaded the same DB as me before the season started.
juanbond

Post by juanbond »

Thanks for the solution Russell. I had the same issue and it saved me the time to troubleshoot it.

John
angularvelocity

Post by angularvelocity »

I am having the same problem with no submit button for Week 12, and have found NEJ in the schedule table of the database.
I downloaded MDBplus-
but I can't change NEJ to NYJ. I get an error message that "operation must use an updateable query," -- any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
angularvelocity

Post by angularvelocity »

Never mind!
Thank you