Scripting Error Problems

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
bobl499

Scripting Error Problems

Post by bobl499 »

I am hosting at GoDaddy and it seems I'm having some scripting errors (according to GoDaddy), but the site errors our when adding new users, any help would be greatly appreciated!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Scripting Error Problems

Post by admin »

Can you post the exact error you are getting.

Also, can you tell us exactly how you installed the files to your web host and also where you downloaded the files from? What program did you use to FTP the files?

Phil
bobl499

Post by bobl499 »

I downloaded the files from the Brainjar website, and uploaded them to my hosting account at GoDaddy via their File Manager app available via their website. The error is similar to this:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
/includes/side.asp, line 74

This is not the exact error, as it's difficult to replicate the error and capture it with GoDaddy, but it's close.

I have since tried moving to one of the suggested free Hosting sites, and that only seemed to help a little. Users can now sign up but when they try to enter the Survivor pick the following error occurs even though the site says I have over 96MB of free space:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Not enough space on disk.

/uinuout/includes/side.asp, line 74
HZass

Post by HZass »

I have had this issue in the past using Access databases. Generally the issue is that the program does not have the credentials to make changes to the Access database. I am also on GoDaddy, but I have made sure that I am using their Classic service and not one of the later services that do not fully support ASP. Also, you will need to establish DSN to access the database.
kristoffae

Post by kristoffae »

There are no scripting errors. The code is as solid as it comes. This error is typically what I see when the "write" permissions have not been granted to the database. If you can figure out through GoDaddy how to grant write permission to the .mdb then that should take care of this error. By default, most hosts will only grant "read" permissions to anything that has been uploaded. You should be able to use their file management utility to modify the permissions on /data/NFL.mdb so that "write" permission is granted to internet users.