Hosting with GoDaddy

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
bobl499

Hosting with GoDaddy

Post by bobl499 »

I am having problems with hosting on GoDaddy. I can't seem to get the site to accept new users as they sign up. I contacted GoDaddy and they said it's because there are a bunch of scripting errors. I don't know much and any of this but I do know that I have been able to host this with GoDaddy for the last 3 years. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
kristoffae

Re: Hosting with GoDaddy

Post by kristoffae »

There are no scripting errors. The code is as solid as it comes. This error is typically what I see when the "write" permissions have not been granted to the database. If you can figure out through GoDaddy how to grant write permission to the .mdb then that should take care of this error. By default, most hosts will only grant "read" permissions to anything that has been uploaded. You should be able to use their file management utility to modify the permissions on /data/NFL.mdb so that "write" permission is granted to internet users.