Auto Scoring Fix, 1st and 2nd fixes

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
admin
Site Admin

Auto Scoring Fix, 1st and 2nd fixes

Post by admin »

Here are the fixes for the Auto Update scoring, both for the first issue, since the original post seems to be broken, as well as for this latest issue:

1st fix:
In the UpdateScores.asp file

Find this in the ProcessScores() function look for this line:

Code: Select all

if (s.toLowerCase() == "final") {

and replace it with this

if ((s != null) && (s.toLowerCase() == "final")) {

2nd Fix:

In the UpdateScores.asp file

Find this:

if ((s != null) && (s.toLowerCase() == "final")) {

and replace it with this line:

if ((s != null) && (s.trim().toLowerCase() == "final")) {
jhronesz

Re: Auto Scoring Fix, 1st and 2nd fixes

Post by jhronesz »

Thanks, you're the man!
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

Thank You! Works like a charm :D

I should have come here earlier, I spent alot of today befuddled gazing into that file. Thanx again
daveeee

Post by daveeee »

Excellent! NICE WORK!!!
krisbethea

Post by krisbethea »

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!
Sucked not being lazy last week... :)

Kris
mb323

Post by mb323 »

Scores not working again last night due to OT, this may not be the best fix but it works... I added "final ot" to the above 2 fixes:

if ((s != null) && ((s.trim().toLowerCase() == "final") || (s.trim().toLowerCase() == "final ot"))) {

We should convert this whole thing over to the XML that the live scores uses: http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/scorestrip/ss.xml

I think we are going to run into issues every time NFL decides to change the look of the scores web page. Looks like the XML hasn't changed in a while.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yea I saw it wasn't working, but didn't look at it, at least you found a work around.

As for converting it I agree, but that is a complete rewriting of the code, I know I don't have the skills for that. All my posts with fixes have come from help from one of my friends, not from me.

Phil
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So just to be clear, in the UpdateScores.asp file

Find this:

if ((s != null) && (s.trim().toLowerCase() == "final")) {
And Replace it with this:

if ((s != null) && ((s.trim().toLowerCase() == "final") || (s.trim().toLowerCase() == "final ot"))) {
Phil
scooby103

Post by scooby103 »

Can anyone just upload the "fixed" .asp file to something like Mega so we can all download to replace? I think we are all using the same file, so if this fix is good that will help everyone. I tried the first 2 fixes, and while the site says Update Successful, no scores are input.

I would appreciate the help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here is my file, I make no guarantee's if it will work with your or anyone else pool though, so use at your own risk. I would suggest making a backup copy of your original file so you have it to fallback to if necessary.

It is just the raw file, but it wouldn't let me put it with the .asp extension, so save it and then rename it to the .asp file extension instead of the .zip. It is NOT a zip file.

Phil
Attachments
updateScores.zip
Rename to change the file extension from .zip to .asp
(30.88 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
holgar

Post by holgar »

Has anyone changed their code to use: http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/scorestrip/ss.xml ? It was suggested above and would be the most robust solution...

Also- has anyone been able to find a free feed for the weekly lines information? This would reduce the number of manual entry items for the admin running the pool... The email notification would need to be adjusted to only send an email on Sunday when the lines are initially added and not every time the lines change. An additional item would be the admin's ability to turn off any automatic line updating for pools that use the line to determine outcome (instead of showing the line as a guide/quickpick option) [Sry for a threadjack, I can move this to it's own thread if need be]