make survivor player play each week

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
likethepool

make survivor player play each week

Post by likethepool »

I would like the survivor player to play each week and if they don't, mark that week as a loss. Is there a setting somewhere that I can set ?
admin
Site Admin

Re: make survivor player play each week

Post by admin »

That is all done in the "common.asp" file located in the "includes" directory. Just open that up and find this section:

Code: Select all

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------
	' Side pool settings.
	'
	' Note: You can choose to play this as a survivor pool, a margin pool or
	' a combination of both. In a combined pool, users pick a single team each
	' week and that pick applies to both pools.
	'--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Underneath that area all the settings you need for the Survivor pool. Post back if you have a specific question after setting that up.

Phil
likethepool

Post by likethepool »

I looked at the settings and there isn't anything that indicates a player must play every week. From what I see in the pool you can set how many wrong before they are eliminated but that it based on when they submit a pick. The player can submit in week 1 and not pick again until say week 6 or 7. I want the player to have to submit each week or have a missed week count as a loss.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am not certain, but I thought that no pick was treated as a loss, I have never tried it so I can't say for certain, sorry.

Maybe someone else will know.

phil
Stutgrtguy

Post by Stutgrtguy »

We ran into this also. We set a rule that if you missed your pick by Monday night game time, You got visitor in that game. If you previously picked that team, its now a loss. That was our solution. I would like to see some sort of fix, but this works for us.