Pickem Entry Required

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
holgar

Pickem Entry Required

Post by holgar »

Hey Everyone- didn't know this forum existed last season and wow! lots of good stuff.

I run my pool where its 100 'points' at the beginning of the season per player. 5/week for pickem and 15 for survivor. 5 for pickem gets split 4 for weekly pot and 1 for overall season winner. All of this is standard to the original set up.

What I need is players who don't enter their picks for the week still get 5 deducted from their balance and also 5 added to the pot calculation. I assume this can be done by forcing an entry for the player and letting the standard code deal with it from there?

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pickem Entry Required

Post by admin »

Welcome to the board, Mike is now using this as his support forum, it is new for this year for him to use it, but it was around last year since I had problems getting in to his support forum them and needed some help!!

Yea, I think the easiest way would be to just submit a blank entry for them so they get 0 points for the week, but show up with the deduction of "points" from their overall balance.

Phil
holgar

Re: Pickem Entry Required

Post by holgar »

Thanks Phil-

That's what I figured. I'll ask around my programming friends to see if they can whip something up that does that automatically (kinda a pain to find which users didn't make a pick and then go in and pick the losers manually). I'll post back with code if this gets accomplished.

In case anyone is bored and looking for a project... :-)
-When last game is finished, compare the weekly picks against all users.
-If user is in the user table but does not have weekly picks for current week, add user to weekly picks while choosing the loser of the first game
-Save