Change Wording On Buttons

Post here to discuss topics relate to the 4.x version for the ASP Football Pool software program. All support topics should go here.
Lush

Change Wording On Buttons

Post by Lush »

I would like to change the wording on all the form buttons, but whenever I do, the form will not submit properly.

For example, I changed the weekly picks form button from reading "update" to "submit weekly picks" But the picks will not go through properly. Once I change the wording on the button back to "update", the form submits properly. This situation is the same for the survivor button as well.
Stutgrtguy

Re: Change Wording On Buttons

Post by Stutgrtguy »

intriguing as ive pondered this but never tried. Initially i woulda thought it to be in the style sheets. couldnt find it there anywhere.

Ive only been able to find one line related to this and its in the weekly entry page lines -

Code: Select all

<td style="padding: 0px;"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Update" class="button" />&nbsp;<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Cancel" class="button" /></td>

Code: Select all

<td align="right" style="padding: 0px;"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Delete" class="button" /></td>
------im missing something but thinkin theres a keyword that writes to the db somewhere named "value" that needs to be changed to achieve this
Lush

Post by Lush »

Yes, I've changed those codes with no avail. I've changed the value="Update" to read: value="Submit Weekly Picks". When I do that, none of the pages submit to the database properly. Weird why you can't change the simple wording from "update" to whatever you want.
Lush

Post by Lush »

Thx man!